In order to encourage proper bike safety and educate communities across the United States on the benefits of riding your bike, the League of American Bicyclist has organized National Bike Safety Month.
At Henson Fuerst, many of our attorneys are avid cyclists and have seen some close calls while riding. We want to continue to do our part to raise awareness by providing safety tips to remember during National Bike Safety month and throughout the year.
Each year in the United States thousands of cyclists are seriously injured and hundreds are killed. As more people are turning to their bike as a mode of transportation we continue to see an increase in bicycle fatalities.
Whether you ride your bike to commute to work or school, get some daily exercise, or simply enjoy the spring weather you are faced with a much higher risk of being seriously injured in traffic accidents.
According AAA Exchange:
- Be Alert – scan ahead, check twice before crossing the street, know your surroundings.
- Be Wary – pay attention to vehicles, pedestrians and others on the road.
- Be Seen – wear reflective clothing, use a bike or helmet light when dark and never hesitate to use your bike horn.
- ALWAYS wear a helmet – This will reduce your risk of serious injury by 85%.
- Avoid busy roads – try to avoid traveling during peak hours and riding at night.
Read the full list here.
If you or a loved one suffers serious injury in a Bicycle Accident that was not your fault, call Henson Fuerst at 866-677-0420. When you call, you will receive a FREE, confidential consultation with one of our experienced North Carolina Personal Injury attorneys.
At Henson Fuerst, we will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you and fight hard to protect your rights. You can trust Henson Fuerst to handle every detail of your case so you can focus on your recovery. You will never pay an attorney’s fee up front, and you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters