Construction workers put themselves at risk for workplace accidents on a daily basis. They continue to face some of the highest risks when it comes to workplace injuries; 1in10 workers are injured each year.
Falls are the leading cause of deaths and injuries on construction sites – many of which are preventable. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) fall prevention is the most violated standard among worksites.
OSHA in order to take action and raise awareness through 3 simple steps established the Fall Prevention Campaign:
- PLAN – plan ahead to get the job done safely by deciding how the job will get done, what tasks will be involved, and what safety equipment may be needed to complete each task.
- PROVIDE – make sure your employees are provided with the correct equipment including fall protection, the right kinds of ladders, scaffolds, and safety gear.
- TRAIN – falls can be prevented when workers understand the proper set-up and safe way to use the equipment provided.
In order to take action and improve safety on construction sites the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Center for Construction Research and Training released an app following this campaign. The app helps workers safely position their ladders, and encourages the use of proper safety equipment. In 2016 over 63,000 smartphones downloaded this app to improve safety on construction sites.
- Always wear a hardhat
- Use proper equipment
- Abide by all safety procedures on the jobsite
- Protect yourself and decrease your chance of sustaining a preventable workplace injury.
If you are injured on a construction site in an accident that was not your fault call Henson Fuerst right away at 919-781-1107.
Whether you have a third party claim, have been unfairly denied Workers’ Compensation benefits or simply have questions about the process, our experienced North Carolina Workers’ Compensation attorneys will speak with you for free and answer any questions you have.
At Henson Fuerst, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front. We will fight hard to protect your rights, and you owe us nothing until we recover for you. Call us for a free consultation with an experienced North Carolina construction site accident attorney.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters