One of the most dangerous riding problems with bikers is when making a left hand turn. Often times other vehicles may not see a biker making a left hand turn due to a blind spot, or simply they may not be paying enough attention. Sadly a motorcyclist lost his life in a bad motorcycle accident on NC 55. Our sincere condolences go out to the family and loved ones.
Any significant traffic accident that causes a fatality or serious injury is a tragedy and when these accidents happen because of someone else’s negligence there are laws that protect the not at fault driver.
This past week a Durham resident lost his life in a tragic motorcycle accident on NC 55 at Courtney Creek Boulevard. The motorcyclist was attempting to make a left turn, when he overcorrected and hit the passenger side of a Toyota. The driver of the Toyota was treated for minor injuries, but the motorcyclist was pronounced dead after arriving to the local hospital.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation, but speed may have been a factor according to investigators. Drivers of cars and trucks need to always be aware and more careful when driving near a motorcycle.
At Henson Feurst we are committed to promoting and encouraging driving safety. Please remember these safety tips when on the roads:
- Motorcyclist should always wear a helmet – this is a necessity for safe riding and protecting your head from serious injury.
- Make sure you are comfortable on your motorcycle – spend time getting to know how your bike works and best fits you.
- Check your bike & maintain properly – always make sure your bike is safe to ride before you hit the road.
- Obey the rules of the road – Follow all signs, riding rules and laws, make sure to never speed and obey all traffic signals! Don’t try to beat out a yellow light.
- Beware of your blind spots – motorcycles are smaller than motor vehicles and big trucks so it is important to properly signal before turning or switching lanes.
- Be careful taking left turns – left turns can be dangerous because of the blind spots so its always smart to check twice for any motor vehicle before turning.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, fighting an insurance company for fair compensation can be difficult without the help of an experienced North Carolina Motorcycle accident lawyer.
Call Henson Fuerst North Carolina Motorcycle Accident Lawyers for help at (866) 677-0420. We will speak with you for free and explain what is involved with pursuing a North Carolina Motorcycle Accident claim in North Carolina. There is never an attorney’s fee until we recover for you. And if there is no recovery, there is no attorney’s fee.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters