Applying for Social Security Disability Benefits can be a long and difficult process that millions of Americans go through every year. Unfortunately, almost 70% of all disability benefits claims are initially denied. This is why it is important to hire an experienced disability benefits lawyer to help you through the process from the start, which will give you the best chance of your benefits being granted.
If you have tried to get disability benefits on your own and have been denied, do not give up. An experienced disability benefits lawyer can handle your appeal, and figure out what went wrong the first time, and try to get you the benefits you need.
While there are a variety of reasons claims are initially denied, below are some tips to keep in mind to make the process of applying as smooth and stress-free as possible.
If you plan on applying for Social Security Disability Benefits be sure to:
- Prepare for your disability application and submit on-time: the process wait time can be long and there is a lot of paperwork that will need to be filed. Be attentive and make sure all paperwork is filed on time.
- Have all medical records ready to submit: make sure all medical records are in order and ready to be submitted. When initially applying for disability benefits, you want to submit all of your medical records in order to substantiate your claim for benefits.
- Have pain symptoms documented: on your application, make sure to have all your symptoms listed for the Social Security Administration to take into account. Never minimize the pain you are feeling or any other symptoms you are having. Make sure to be detailed in how your symptoms & conditions affect your daily activities. This can go a long way towards establishing how limited you are on a daily basis.
- List all medical conditions: this includes all physical and/or mental conditions you suffer from. Disability benefits are approved based on a persons’ medical conditions.
- Obtain a proper statement from your doctor: in addition to the information you provide, your doctor will also be able to provide in extensive detail how your condition affects you both short-term and long-term.
- Provide a detailed work history: the more detailed your work history, the better. These details will help strengthen your case when applying for SSD benefits.
If you have been denied social security disability benefits, don’t give up, call Henson Fuerst at (919) 781-1107. When you call, you’ll speak with one of our experienced Social Security Disability Benefits attorneys for FREE.
Applications for SSD claims can be difficult to file, and most initial applications are denied. Even if you have a valid case, your application could still be rejected.
Call our Raleigh-Durham NC disability benefits lawyers at Henson Fuerst for help. Whether you’re thinking about filing a claim or you’ve already filed and been denied, Henson Fuerst can help you get the benefits you need. Call us today at (919) 781-1107.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters.