Many families and friends will join one another this Sunday night in celebrating beginning of a new year. However, New Year’s is actually the most popular drinking holiday therefore many will be celebrating with their favorite alcoholic beverage in hand. This increase in alcohol consumption heightens the risk of drunk driving accidents occurring.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), annually, more than 100,000 people die due to drunk driving accidents that are entirely preventable.
Start 2018 off right by following these safety tips:
- If you plan on drinking, don’t drive – If make sure you have a plan for a car or taxi service to bring you home, or plan to stay over wherever you are consuming alcohol.
- Don’t let others drive drunk– If you know someone has been drinking, don’t let them drive! Take their keys and help them find a car service home or have them stay where they are.
- If you spot a drunk driver on the road, call the police – By calling the police, you could save the lives of many others.
- If you are hosting a party, make sure everyone gets home safely – Take the keys from those who have been drinking, make sure friends have a car service home or let them sleep at your house for the night.
- Always wear your seatbelt– This simple, yet incredibly effective method could save your life!
Henson Fuerst hopes everyone rings in the New Year safely! Remember to be responsible – it could save your life and the lives of many others!
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident involving a drunk driver, call Henson Fuerst at 919-781-1107 for a FREE, confidential consultation.
When you call, one of our experienced Raleigh Car Accident attorneys will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you and fight hard to protect your rights. At Henson Fuerst, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front, and you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters