Approximately 111.3 million Americans tuned-in last year to watch the Super bowl and the viewership for Super Bowl LII is expected to be nearly just as high. Football fans across the nation will join friends and family members to enjoy the game. Whether they watch at someone’s home or at a local bar, the amount of cars on the road before and after the game will be very high.
In addition to being the most watched television program of the year, it is also one of the most popular drinking days of the year. It is estimated that Americans will consume 325 million gallons of beer during the big game. This combined with the increased amount of vehicles on the road could lead to disaster, especially if people get behind the wheel while intoxicated.
Please do what you can to help prevent drunk driving accidents. Remember, buzzed driving is drunk driving. Therefore, it is advisable to never get behind the wheel after consuming any amount of alcohol.
Follow these safety tips given by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) this Super Bowl Sunday:
- Designate a Sober Driver– Make sure to have a designated sober driver before consuming alcohol to ensure you get home safely.
- Use Car Services– If you don’t already have the Uber or Lyft app, be sure to download one or both of them on your smartphone. If you do not have a smartphone, you may utilize a cab service. Don’t risk your life or the lives of others. Use a car service to make sure you and your friends get home safely.
- Use Public Transportation– Look into taking a train, bus or subway to get to and from your destination.
- Pace Yourself– In between drinking alcohol, make sure to alternate and drink water, and make sure to eat to help absorb the alcohol.
- Call a Friend or Family Member– If you need a ride, call a friend or family member that is sober to pick you up
- Report Drunk Drivers – If you see someone swerving or speeding on the road, immediately call the police.
- Stay put– If you have consumed alcohol and do not have any safe means of getting home, stay put. Sleep it off and leave when you are sober in the morning. If you are hosting a party, make sure no one drives home drunk.
Henson Fuerst hopes everyone enjoys watching the Super Bowl with friends and family. We also hope everyone stays safe by following these safety tips. Don’t make the reckless decision of driving drunk, it could cost you your life or the lives of others.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident involving a drunk driver, call the leading North Carolina Car Accident lawyers at Henson Fuerst. Call us at 919-781-1107 for a FREE, confidential consultation.
When you call, you will speak with one of our experienced Raleigh Car Accident attorneys who will investigate every detail of your situation at no cost to you and fight hard to protect your rights. At Henson Fuerst, you will never pay an attorney’s fee up front, and you owe us nothing unless we recover for you.
Call Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters