BikeWalk NC is statewide advocacy organization that promotes non-motorized transportation to residents and visitors of NC. The mission of BikeWalk NC is “to inspire and support advocacy and educational efforts throughout North Carolina for an environment that fairly and equitably accommodates bicyclists, skaters, pedestrians, and others using human-powered active transportation.”
Attorney Thomas Henson was asked to join the Advocacy Committee for BikeWalk of NC. As an avid cyclist and health enthusiast, Thomas was thrilled to join.
The organization works with retail storeowners, cycling groups, elected officials, government agencies and nonprofit sectors to increase access to non-motorized transportation modes and maintaining safety as a top priority.
With funds raised through BikeWalk NC, the committee is able to provide:
- An annual Bike Summit
- Programs to educate law enforcement about bike laws and safety
- Safety education curriculum for children and adults
- Statewide calendar of key cycling events
- Monthly newsletter
- Policy development to guide our work with NCDOT and legislators
- Outreach to advance NC’s Complete Streets policy implementation
- Fund BWNC staff leadership to drive these initiatives
To learn more about BikeWalk NC, click here.
Henson Fuerst, Because Your Case Matters