Unfair Insurance Practices
Insurance companies are obligated to deliver fair, ethical, and transparent coverage to their policyholders. According to North Carolina State law, the following insurance practices may be considered unfair or deceptive:
- Misrepresentations and False Advertising of Policy Contracts
- False Information and Advertising
- Boycott, Coercion, and Intimidation
- False Financial Statements
- Stock Operations and Insurance Company Advisory Board Contracts
- Advertising of Health, Accident, or Hospitalization Insurance
- Unauthorized Insurance Contracts in Other States
- Unfair Claim Settlement Practices
- Misuse of Borrowers’ Confidential Information
- Overinsurance in Credit or Loan Transactions
The North Carolina business dispute lawyers at HensonFuerst can help you interpret the complex laws surrounding unfair insurance practices. You don’t have to face these issues alone.
Protecting Your Rights
If you’re a policyholder of North Carolina insurance coverage, and you believe the insurance company has engaged in unfair practices, call us today at (919) 781-1107 or complete a free initial consultation form. Our North Carolina bad faith insurance lawyers are here to protect your rights and make sure you are treated fairly.